Division: Information Technology Division
Position Title: Head of IT Governance & Quality Assurance
– To lead, guide & monitor IT Governance & Quality Assurance function.
– Complimenting factor to assure IT projects generate business value, and to mitigate the risks that are associated with IT.
– Organizations and businesses need a structure or framework to ensure that the IT function is able to sustain the organization’s strategies and objectives.
– Oversee & monitor all activities within the department which includes the following:
a. IT Governance
b. Quality Assurance
c. Incident Control Unit
– Devise the Annual plan for the IT Governance & Quality Assurance function based on strategic objectives, legislation, regulations, compliance and specific annual targets.
– Define the IT Governance framework applicable to OAB IT, deliver the high-level framework to OAB, act as a central repository for IT Governance procedures.
– Subject Matter Expert (SME) for IT Governance procedures, deliver service improvements based on internal and external audit observations.
– Drive service improvements with IT for OAB and manage the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
– Deliver IT Incident Control unit to OAB, ensure IT Incident response and resolution KPI’s are improved upon.
– Define the IT governance measurements.
– Explore how to measure and assess IT and advise on IT Control improvements.
– Agree estimation of Epics in story points and framework related to IT Governance Program.
– Define the QMS process to ensure the measures adequately deliver against OAB Business requirements.
– Propose an IT Governance framework for all of OAB IT reviewing work approved meets strategic requirements
– Review the quality & performance of all new Technology (IT) Systems (in-house/external) which is being used by various Business & Support departments within the Bank for carrying out various tasks/transactions etc.
– Ensure that adequate testing and evidence is gathered to support end users approval and sign off, capture the end-users’ feedback & experience with the various systems.
– Work towards bringing quality & efficiency in all IT systems to ensure seamless operations.
– Responsible for setting KPIs for the function on an annual basis considering the performance of the function based on the previous year and monitor the KPIs on a regular basis.
– Supervise Direct reporters, team members, provide necessary guidance as and when required
– Handling vendors with contracts and management of existing solutions.
– Ensure all activities are carried out according to bank’s policies, procedures, and standards.
– Participate in other related initiatives and projects as assigned or other duties as assigned by management.
Qualification & Experience:
– 12+ years of relevant IT experience, with minimum 5+ years’ experience in IT governance in a Banking environment
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Computer Engineering, equivalent experience in IT Governance and Banking
– Certified in Governance, Risk & Compliance of Enterprise IT – COBIT 2019
– ITIL v3 Master Certification
Skills & Knowledge:
– Excellent Communication skill
– Leadership Skills
– Team Management
– Experienced in IT Governance Frameworks and delivery
– Customer Orientation
– Quality Assurance & Management
– Attention to details
– Knowledge of banking terms
– Project Management skills
– Functional/Technical knowledge about Banking software & systems
– Proficient in the use of the MS Office suite of applications