Division: Information Technology Division
Section: Infrastructure & Network
Position: Database Administrator
The Database Administrator is responsible for the database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data support in both an MS SQL and Oracle environment.
– Responsible for managing all the MS SQL and Oracle databases currently being used in the bank including periodic maintenance of the data stored.
– Perform routine health check of the servers to ensure zero downtime.
– Assist to run script(s) provided by requesting departments for the database and ensure that after the proper running of the shared scripts, the results of the script are shared with them and the Management.
– Perform continuous monitoring of the databases and troubleshoot issues related to the database administration whenever required.
– Based on requests and approvals received from the Management, grant/ revoke access to users with regards to access to the database.
– Regularly perform a check of the memory of the workstations and disk space allocated to database management for effective usage and ensure disk pace/ memory is not high.
– Ensure all the checks for alerts in the system are resolved in a timely manner.
– Ensure the security of the database by necessarily masking the sensitive data and performing TDE(Transferring Data Encryption) for securing the whole database.
– Ensure all activities are carried out, as per bank’s policies, processes, and procedures.
– Participate in other tasks as assigned or other duties as assigned by the Management.
Minimum Experience & Qualification:
– Minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science Engineering
– Communication skills.
– Coordination skills.
– Interpersonal skills
– Reporting skills.
– Networking technical skills.
– Troubleshooting skills
– Administration of databases/ tables
This job announcement is valid until 02/07/2023We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.