Position: Head of SME Credit Review Section
Division: Credit Review Division
Lead, Guide and Monitor the SME credit review function which entails conducting thorough assessment of various types of SME lending proposals from the straightforward to the overly complex transactions for existing as well as new relationships.
– Plan, allocate and oversee the review assignments in an effective manner and provide necessary guidance and support to ensure that professional standards in terms of proper and timely identification of underlying credit risks.
– Ensure communication of feedback and recommendations, well within the stipulated TAT and SLA frameworks, are always maintained.
– Ensure adherence to and implementation of the Bank’s internal and statutory credit policies, procedures, and guidelines in an effective and efficient manner.
– Work along with Credit and Business Officers/Managers to construct proper structures of credit facilities, security, and other terms and conditions that will optimize risks and adequately safeguard the Bank’s assets and capital whilst strengthening its relationships and profitability.
– Work closely with the Credit and Business Officers/Managers and ensure that credit proposals are professionally structured and presented in a proper perspective compliant with the Bank’s internal guidelines for that purpose.
– Interact regularly with the business unit heads and relationship managers to appropriately understand their respective activities and portfolios.
– Closely Review exception and other portfolio monitoring reports, and ensure that irregularities are well identified, communicated, and properly addressed.
– Maintain an up-to-date awareness of the latest developments relating to Credit Risk Management and related regulatory frameworks and ensure that the SME credit review team members keep themselves abreast of all such developments.
Minimum Qualification & Years of Experience Required:
– Degree in Banking/Business or equivalent
– Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CFA, and or FRM is preferred
– Minimum 7 years of related work experience
– Effective Communication skills
– Team and People Managements skills
– Decision Making skills
– Strong Analytical skills
– Strong Review skills
– Accuracy and attention to details
– Personal and Interpersonal skills
– Strong Arabic and English Languages skills