Division: Internal Audit
Department: Internal Audit
Position: Senior Internal Auditor – IT
Responsible and accountable for planning and delivering internal audit and consultancy engagements for assigned audit entities / units as per the approved structure. Assigned areas may change from time to time as communicated by the Audit Manager, Review the design and operating effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and controls in the assigned audit units / areas. Examine and evaluate adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management, systems of internal controls and compliance with laws, regulations and approved policies and procedures.
– To develop engagement audit plan, conduct engagement level risk assessment and all associated tasks.
– To conduct audits in accordance with the audit plan by collecting and analyzing data to detect adequacy and effectiveness of implemented operational and financial controls and compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
– Under the guidance of Audit Manager/Head of Audit develop and execute audit programs/risk and control matrix covering audit objectives and procedures/steps/tests, and ensure audits are completed as assigned.
– Ensure that audit programs/risk and control matrixes are up to date and include testing / auditing procedures that assess design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls in accordance to, and in compliance with, the latest CBO regulations and Bank policies and procedures.
– Develop comprehensive information/ data requests based on the approved audit programs.
– Collect and maintain proper evidence required through the audit process and maintain adequate working papers, audit conclusions and audit files in accordance with the division’s policies.
– Perform and conduct data analysis within the assigned audit areas.
– Adhere to the set Internal Audit KPIs such as the number of high risk observations reported, number of observations implemented during the year divided into risk severity, cost saving and revenue / loss optimization opportunity.
– Liaise with department / section heads in all matters relating to audit findings, recommendations and required implementation to ensure that all audit observations/findings are communicated and addressed.
– Adhere to the division’s policies, procedures, systems, and standards and standards of Institute of Internal Audit (IIA).
– Draft audit reports including audit findings and recommendations.
– Prepare and issue various reports in accordance with audit plans as and when requested by any of the seniors in the division.
– Ensure timely follow-up of corrective action items.
– Any other tasks as assigned.
– Ensure compliance with quality assurance and improvement program of the Internal Audit Division.
– Critical Thinking.
– Business Acumen.
– Governance, Risk, and Controls
– Improvement and innovation areas.
– Internal Audit Management.
– Reporting skills.
– Ms. Office skills.
– Strong command on English and Arabic language
Qualification & Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
– Preferred professional certification – CISA, CIA and/or other certificates related to the profession from accredited parties.
– + 5 years of experience in an audit firm or similar.
– Exposure to Internal Audit assignments OR experience in the Internal Audit department in a Bank/ Financial Institution.
– Good knowledge of banking operations, products and services.
– Good knowledge in accounting principles.
– Good knowledge about laws and regulation laid down by the relevant authorities.
This job announcement is valid until 24/08/2023We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.