Division: Internal Audit Division
Position: Deputy Chief Internal Audit – Wholesale, IS & Support
– Support the Chief Audit Executive (CAE) to create, maintain and implement the internal audit strategy and risk-based internal audit plan (including budgeting and resource plan).
– Responsible and accountable for planning and delivering internal audit and consultancy engagements for assigned audit entities / units as per the approved structure.
– Review the design and operating effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and controls in the assigned audit units / areas.
– Examine and evaluate adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management, systems of internal controls and compliance with laws, regulations and approved policies and procedures.
– Regularly interact with Chief Audit Executive to discuss issues and recommend improved business practices.
– Perform all responsibilities and work in compliance with the Internal Audit Manual and/or the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing.
– Lead the implementation of the audit plan, ensure proper resourcing for implementation of the plan, and adjust the plan as needed in response to emerging risks, operations, programs, systems and controls.
– Oversee the methodical documentation of engagement plans, audit programs/procedures/steps/tests, risk and control matrix, testing results, conclusions and recommendations, in compliance with the IA Manual and/or standards of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
– Manage requirements and expectation of CBO as directed by the CAE and senior management, to ensure the audit work remains within the prescribed guidelines.
– Support with the preparation of Board Audit Committee materials.
– Own the performance of audit procedures, identifying and defining issues, developing audit criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
– Communicate results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and presentations to management.
– Oversee and guide the creation of audit engagement plans based on the risk and its impact on the Bank in close consultation with the CAE.
– Provide a detailed and effective explanation on the risk profile of the organization to CAE and senior management.
– Adopt and encourage a partnership approach while creating audit engagement plans and remains flexible to business needs
Minimum Experience & Qualification Required:
– Minimum 15 years of experience in an audit firm or similar, with exposure to Internal Audit assignments OR experience in the Internal Audit function of a Bank / Financial Institution performing audit engagements related to wholesale and information systems.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or any relevant field.
– CIA or CPA or ACCA or CA certification is mandatory.
– Preferred professional certification CISA and/or other certificates related to the profession from accredited parties.