Division: Banking Operations Group
Department: Operational Control Department
Position: Internal Control Specialist
To ensure timely and accurate review of all risk related incidents and observation that are identified by various reviewers and ensure the correct control measures are implemented to mitigate the risks. Also ensuring timely addressing and submission to internal controls items to deliver upon various responsibilities as a control function.
– Follow up and monitor all risk incidents and observations identified for overall Banking Operations by internal audit, risk, external auditors or Central Bank of Oman and work with the department heads to implement the appropriate control measures to mitigate the related risks.
– Provide direction, guidance the BOG team on various control responsibilities.
– Arrange and conduct regular meetings with Section heads and control champions to understand and seek update on the status of the control measures that are implemented or pending to address the risks as per the timelines provided in the action plans.
– Ensure exception approvals are taken from the Group Head on any revisions / changes in implementation timelines and concerned departments.
– Resolve matters of pending action plans not implemented in partnership with the department Head for successful closure if required.
– Identify process improvement and efficiency opportunities in discussion with staff members in Operations processes and recommend short term or long term solutions.
– Identify and implementation of automation solutions in collaboration with Banking Operations Head and Agile teams.
– Ensure that all BOG SOP’s, Policies and process notes are updated on timely manner.
Minimum Experience & Qualification Required:
– Minimum 3-5 years of experience in similar roles
– Bachelor degree in finance or business
Skills & Knowledge Required:
– Monitoring and Organizing skills
– Effective communication skills ( verbal and written)
– Command over English language
– Analytical skills
– Problem solving, solution orientation and responsiveness
– Negotiation and Influencing Skills
– Result orientation
– Organizing skills and time management
– Advance Excel Skills