The Innovation Hub by OAB
Oman Arab Bank (“OAB”) is passionate about innovation and has hence created this first of-its-kind platform in January 2019 to set the stage for students, professionals/Fintechs and employees to collaborate and develop new and innovative solutions (in the form of a prototype) around specific themes that drive value for OAB and its partners. We want to highlight our burgeoning tech community as a hub for innovation and as a career destination for participants from all over the Sultanate and beyond.
Over 350 individuals participated in the first edition of the Innovation Hub, far exceeding our initial goal of 200 to produce innovative POCs in just 24hrs. The winning student teams joined the bank’s 6-month Innovation Internship Programme and had the opportunity to work with mentors to develop their ideas and launch them to the market.
In 2020, the Innovation Hub 2.0 will be even bigger and better!
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate – individuals, teams and organizations, between 1 – 5 members per team. Three categories of participants will be participating in this edition of the Innovation Hub, and one winner will be selected from each category at the end of the challenge:
1) The Students’ Challenge
2) The Professionals’/Fintechs’ Challenge
3) The Employees’ Challenge
Unleash the power of Open Banking to create new customer experiences, revenue models and industry ecosystems. The challenge is to showcase a unique and innovative use case around this theme and develop innovative POCs over a 24-hr period.
What can you expect?
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our experts, mentors and developers to develop innovative POCs in 24-hrs, and present them to our esteemed panel of judges at the end of the competition.
One winner will be selected from each category (listed above).
You will have everything you need at the event: Food and beverages, sleeping areas, fun/gaming zones to unwind and re-charge, access to our mentors and developers…etc. All you need to do is bring your ideas and your laptop
What’s in it for you?
If you’re a student:
– You could win a significant cash prize (TBA)
– Learn from industry experts and professionals
– Join the Bank’s 6-month paid innovation internship programme
– Potentially be employed by the Bank
– Receive a certificate at the end of the Hackathon (Huge plus on your CV!)
If you’re a professional:
– You will win a cash prize and potentially be awarded a contract by OAB to implement the solution
– Network with industry leaders, experts and professionals from various regions.
– Significant marketing exposure, enabling you to explore new business opportunities and connect with potential clients across the MENA region.
– Intellectual Property: Keep what you build. OAB is not claiming ownership of your intellectual property.
How to Enter?
To register, simply sign up your team members names, contacts details and a brief description of your idea, and you will contacted by the Innovation Team at Oman Arab for more information.
Do you have any questions? Please reach out to us on: email@example.com.
We look forward to having you with us!