Division: Risk Management
Deparment: Credit Risk
To execute a range of duties of the Credit Risk Department of OAB, assist the Head of the Credit Risk to ensure all areas of retail credit risk are identified, monitored, measured, reported effectively and regularly, along with providing support and advice on all matters of credit risk with specific focus on retail lending and ensure timely and effective completion of all activities within the agreed timelines and guidelines set and followed by the Organisation.
Duties and Responsiblities:
- Responsible for managing the retail credit risks involved in lending varied kinds of loans to customers for short & long term, as various factors have to be considered for the same.
- Accountable for creating the credit risk reports so as to keep track of the risks that developed and the procedures that were followed to curb them.
- Assist the Head of Credit Risk manage major change programs and Credit Risk related strategic projects to a high quality.
- Responsible for reviewing each loan application received from the branches as per the bank checklist (customer details, name, account number, etc.) and guidelines, provide comments for each application (if necessary) and further send it for obtaining necessary approvals.
- Responsible for conducting periodical review on credit administration policies & programs to streamline workflow and internal process, which would result in efficiency and better control over various aspects within the department.
- Maintain records of review and determine appropriate scheduling as well as identify any other hindsight activities that need to be completed.
- Liable for interacting with the vendors, ensuring timely and effective completion of all banking activities within the agreed timelines.
- Responsible for developing the current work role, so as to keep pace with the upgrading of technicalities in the market.
- Liable for generating the statement after lending the loan to the customers, so as to document the procedures & the information, for further approvals and for the timely implementation of the loans.
- Responsible for reviewing and comparing the statements & the procedures involved with the history of the same, and draft a report on the observations made if concluded to have found abnormalities.
- Responsible for verifying and checking the customer details in the BCSB link shared by CBO, to ascertain the applicant liability status with any other bank for each loan application received, to further add to the company list.
- Responsible for adhering to and complying with all Bank policies and procedures while performing all operations for the department.
Complete all other tasks as delegated by management or reporting Manager.
Bachelor degree in general or business administration.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in banking industry preferably in the Risk Department.
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Inter personal & personal skills
- Strong analysis ability
- Time management
- Good Communication skills in English & Arabic
- Computer literate especially in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint