Division: Credit Review Division
Department: Corporate & SME Department
To oversee and coordinate the activities of the team members for Credit evaluation department and execute a variety of tasks such as – receive and acknowledge Credit request (CR) from Relationship Managers (RM) of CIB Department (Large Corporates), support the RM with the credit management and underwriting process, assist the assigned Relationship Manager in the monitoring and servicing of the overall credit portfolios as per the Bank guidelines and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for receiving and acknowledging the Credit request (CR) received from the RM for reviewing the Credit proposal as per the bank procedures and guidelines in a timely and effective manner.
2. Oversee and coordinate the activities of the team members for Credit evaluation department in order to ensure smooth delivery of business operations.
3. Coordinate with Corporate & Institutional banking department (CIB) and provide continuous support the Relationship Manager in the administration of the commercial loan portfolio in order to achieve management’s goals.
4. Responsible for adhering to and complying with all Bank policies and procedures while performing all operations for the department.
5. Liaise with the RM for reviewing each credit proposal received from the CIB department as per the bank checklist and guidelines, provide comments for each proposal and further sending it to the manager for obtaining necessary approvals.
6. Responsible for preparing and developing memos to be attached with each proposal containing customer details and highlighting the risk factor if any involved in the proposal in order to safeguard bank’s interest.
7. Liaise with various cross functional department in order to analyse the Customer financial statements to determine and document the credit-worthiness of existing and potential new customers, financial condition of company or individuals, profitability of company, repayment ability and other various financial indicators.
8. Liaise with assigned RM for conducting feasibility study for the new proposal and capture related concerns and recommendations for the proposal to safeguard bank interest and take necessary credit decisions.
9. Liaise with the Credit Administration Department in order to verify and validate the collaterals details for the customers.
10. Liaise with Internal/External Auditors for assisting them in any audit requirement as and when required.
11. Liaise with other cross functional departments to provide support as and when required.
12. Complete all other tasks as delegated by management or reporting Manager.
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance/ banking or relevant field
Minimum 4-5 years of relevant core banking experience is required
Special Skills & Knowledge:
– Must have English language fluency, both written and spoken
– Attention to Details
– Personal and interpersonal skills
– Able to work under pressure
– High Risk analysis ability
– Aware about existing banking laws and policies
– Highly developed analytical skills
– Good Communication Skills
– Basic Computer knowledge with proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint