Division: Risk Management Division
Department: Enterprise Risk Department
General Description (Job Summary):
Responsible for developing, documenting, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive Business Continuity Management program at the Bank. This includes compliance to the Bank’s Business Continuity Management Policy and other related Risk Management Policies.
Overall Scope of Responsibilities:
- Work with Business Units and provide expertise and consultancy support for projects and initiatives to effectively manage Business Continuity risks within the Bank.
- Document and maintain Business Continuity Management documentation including Business Continuity Management Policy, Business Continuity Management Manual, Business Continuity Plans and Business Impact Analyses.
- Analyse new business or changes in business processes to determine and assess impact on Business Continuity requirements.
- Coordinate regular Business Continuity Tests covering varying scenarios, with scope and schedule to be determined by Management. Test results to be documented and summary of results to be presented to Management.
- Liaise with Information Technology to ensure that the IT Disaster Recovery capability is aligned with the recovery objectives (RTOs and RPOs) as determined by the Business Units and that scope and schedule of testing of IT DR capability is aligned to Business Continuity requirements.
- Review and produce Management Reports on the adequacy of the bank’s Business Recovery strategy and capabilities along with recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s Business Continuity Management Policy, related Risk Management Policies and the Central Bank of Oman Guidelines on Business Continuity Management. Produce Gap Analyses and report to Management.
- Assist in the deployment of the Operational Risk Management Framework including focus on Business Continuity Management components.
Specific BC Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess BCP risks including sources of risk, measurement of exposures, effectiveness of controls, and potential consequences of risks materializing.
- Monitor BCP activities (through risk assessments, documentation review, testing & validation etc.), to ensure program requirements are adequately implemented and adhered to, and that Business Continuity risk is effectively managed
- Ensure Business Continuity plans for all technology and business processes are implemented, documented, exercised, maintained and comply with BCM Policy.
- Investigate BCP issues, deficiencies and concerns. Agree, pursue and document appropriate risk response strategies for the Bank, including escalation as appropriate.
- Minimum of 4 years banking experience.
- Minimum of 2 years Business Continuity experience
Bachelor’s Degree, Finance/Business Administration or IT Related